The STIHL BGA 100 handheld blower is the lightest (5.5 lbs.*), quietest (56 dB(A)*), and most powerful handheld blower in the STIHL line. This blower is part of the STIHL Battery KombiSystem which means no gas, no cord and no exhaust emissions. Its jet engine-inspired axial turbine fan not only delivers more blowing force than many other battery products on the market, but performs better than many gasoline-powered models. And because the unit requires no fuel or oil, and has minimal maintenance, operating costs are reduced.
Optimal Control and Performance
Designed with the professional landscaper and demanding homeowner in mind, this high-performing, durable blower makes routine lawn maintenance and leaf and debris clean-up quick and easy.
Instead of an on-board battery, the BGA 100 uses a STIHL battery belt or AR backpack battery. This unique feature aids in reducing the unit weight which reduces operator fatigue. And this lightweight powerhouse is packed with performance-improving features including:
- A variable speed throttle trigger that delivers four performance levels:
- Three working performance levels. The low/medium/high multi-level power levels allow operators to use only the power they need, getting the work done with run times up to five hours with the STIHL AR 900 backpack battery.
- Boost mode activates the highest power, generating air speeds of up to 140 mph and a blowing force up to 10 Newtons (N)** with the squeeze of the trigger, which is ideal for tough tasks where maximum power is needed for a short period.
- Its rear-mounted air intake allows the blower to be used right- or left-handed
Optional accessories like the onboard harness mounting loops, allows users to configure the contact pad and adapter that shifts the weight from arm to chest/shoulders to help reduce fatigue when operating over long periods of time.
As one of the quietest cordless blowers on the market the BGA 100 is well suited when operating in noise-sensitive areas.
“Quiet operation means greater flexibility on the job,” said Stephen Meriam, director of sales at STIHL Inc. “The BGA 100 allows for earlier start times as well as the ability to do work around commercial buildings during business hours without disturbing the workplace.”
STIHL Lithium-Ion Battery Technology
The STIHL Battery KombiSystem line is designed so that a single STIHL Lithium-ion battery can be used interchangeably with other STIHL battery products and can tackle a wide range of outdoor projects.
Operators have options on batteries to use with the BGA 100:
- AR 900 with connecting cable
- Standard AP batteries (STIHL AP 180 preferred) with a battery bag/belt adapter.
All batteries are subjected to rigorous testing to ensure they meet STIHL quality and safety standards.
*The BGA 100 weighs 5.5 lbs. without battery. Per ANSI B 175.2.
**Blowers tested in accordance with ANSI B 175.2 standard. One Newton is the force needed to accelerate 1 kilogram of mass at the rate of 1 meter per second squared.